Friday, May 24, 2013

Dove Dry Shampoo


REVIEW: DOVE REFRESH+CARE INVIGORATING DRY SHAMPOO 

Purchased from: Walmart
Purchase date: May 2013
Purchase Price: $3.94
Size/ Amount: 5 oz (141 grams)

Dove Dry Shampoo


I have normal hair with fine texture. My 3rd day hair is oily at the roots and dry at the ends. On days when I don’t have time to wash my hair I wanted to have a quick alternative to keep my hair looking and feeling fresh.

This is the first Dry Shampoo I have ever tried and here is how I used it-
I parted my hair just at the roots and sprayed it on the hair n scalp in sections.
It leaves a white powdery spray on the roots.
I just let it soak in for about 10 minutes.
I ran my fingers all through the roots to loosen up the remaining powder as some of it had already disappeared.
Then brushed my hair with a round brush. This took out all the residue that was left back, which was very minimal.

Thoughts:
It sprays on like a hair spray and it leaves a white powder on the scalp when you initially spray it on your roots. This is the substance that seems to soak up the excess oil.
Once you leave it in for a few minutes and brush it out, the powder goes away and leaves no residue.
It does add a bit of volume.
It is clean and refreshing on the scalp.
It has a strong fragrance. It smells like a powder/shampoo.
The hair does not feel powdery but when you touch your scalp you can feel a slight powdery residue.  

I will be using this more and it seems to be a quick solution to the oily scalp 3rd day hair problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment