Monday, June 3, 2013

Maybelline Eyestudio Color Plush Silk Eyeshadow

REVIEW: Maybelline Eyestudio Color Plush Silk Eyeshadow
Purchased from: Walmart, Walgreens, Ulta, Target
Purchase date: September 2012/April 2013
Purchase Price: $ 8- 10
Size/ Amount: 4 shadows in each palette
Photos Courtesy: www.maybelline.com
When I saw the displays, the swatches, the reviews I was so so excited and wanted to get these ASAP and try them.
So here goes my trial:
I first got these in September last year. I got 2 of them- Smokey Cinnamon & Cozy Cashmere, both limited quads. I loved the way they looked. When I swatched them I was delighted. I tried them as soon as I could. All I can say is L. I tried on Cozy Cashmere first. It did have a matte brick coral shade along with a brown, burgundy & shimmery cream. It did have great pigmentation but I could not get past the glitter and shimmer. It transferred all over & specially around my eyes and under my eyes. I have undereye circles and this did not help. I like shimmer but not glitter and transfer everywhere. I was very disappointed. I then tried the Smokey Cinnamon and that too was sparkle galore. It is one of the higher priced quads in the drugstore and therefore I returned them.

Fast forward...April this year. I was tempted yet again to venture out to see if I had not used them right. I got Coral Oasis & Mad for Mauve. I swatched the quads and my love was just about to be rekindled. But once again, I tried them both on my lids and the sparkle immediately reminded me of why we ‘broke-up’ in the first place. My entire under-eye area was glittery and that is all I could see. The colors in Coral Oasis were very unique, but the Mad for Mauve look could be achieved using other quads as well. 
They do have good pigmentation in almost all shades (the mad for mauve was average) and a unique selection of colors put together per quad, I so wanted to like it but I just could not get past the sparkly fallout.

Click on the image & look at the undereye area- can you spot the sparkle? This was the remainder after clean up!!!
Overall:
Pros: Great colors. One surprise color in every quad.
Cons: The sparkle fallout explosion everywhere. Have to use a primer to bring out color and avoid creasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment