Thursday, May 23, 2013

Milani Color Statement Lipsticks


It seems almost natural that the first thing I should write about is a lipstick…or a line of lipsticks…The MILANI COLOR STATEMENT LIPSTICKS. I have been reading and seeing swatches of these and was very excited to try them out. I was really praying that the excitement should not die down as has happened in the past. I saw the Maybelline Vivids collection reviews and swatches. Got all excited, went to Walmart, swatched them on my arm and was a little disappointed. They did not appear as I thought they would and for my medium Indian skin they did not work. But, lo and behold…the Milani ones were sooooo awesome. They were super pigmented as Milani claimed. Almost all colors were perfect for a medium skin tone. And it was a tough choice as all of them looked so amazing. That made it clear that if you want to try all lipsticks from one product line…hands down, this is the one.

REVIEW: Milani Color Statement Lipsticks
Purchased from: CVS
Purchase date: May 2013
Purchase Price: $5.79 (Sale- Buy one get one 50%)
Size/Amount: 0.14 oz / 3.97 grams



The lipstick comes in a muted golden lipstick tube with the shade as a border on the bottom. The name of the lipstick is in gold at the bottom with a corresponding number. It comes in 4 lines- Orange & Reds, Pinks & Corals, Plums & Berries, Naturals & Browns. It comes in 5 textures- Cream, Pearl, Vinyl, Matte & Metallic.
The first thing I noticed is the cap closes real tight. It takes a tug to open it as it has a small protrusion on the tube that clicks when you close. I liked this as it gave me a feeling that it is secure and air tight. As I browsed through the colors the choice became harder. Each color was prettier than the previous one. Finally I picked up 4 of these to try out. I only swiped them once on my lip without going over it in order to test out the pigmentation.


**Both these are without flash. Just taken with different lighting.

Now for the swatches...

Plumrose (17)
This is from the Plums & berries line. It has a cream texture. Beautiful pink, not bright, not frosty, a very wearable pink. For those who want to try a lighter pink lipstick this is perfect.


Plumrose

Plumrose

Plumrose
Uptown Mauve (20)
This one is also from the Plums & Berries line. It has a cream texture as well. This is a mauvy magenta plum color. You will see in the pictures, all without flash, that it can look towards purple and pink. 

Uptown mauve

Uptown Mauve

Uptown Mauve

Best Red (07)
This is from the Orange & Reds line. It has a matte finish. In person, this looks like a brighter orangish red, a wonderful start for someone wanting to try a red lip. Though it is a matte finish it did not feel dry on the lips. It was slightly harder to swipe on the lip but nothing that would stop me from loving it.

Best Red

Best Red

Best Red

Naturally Chic (25)
This is from the Naturals & Browns line. It has a cream finish. This is a wonderful neutral. I have tried many nude lipsticks but they all look ash-ey on my lips. This had the perfect amount of pink in it to add color whole still looking nude.

Naturally Chic

Naturally Chic

Naturally Chic

Final Thoughts:
I came home, tried the first one. It was love at first swipe. It was full-on color and absolutely easy gliding. I always use a lip liner for my lipsticks but these looked fabulous even without it. They seemed to attach nicely to your lips without clinging. It did not emphasize the lines on the lips. It did not give a wet feeling but was nicely moisturizing. The lipsticks have a mild fruity fragrance that disappears within a few minutes.
I was trying it on my lips at night; I took it off with lotion, applied lip balm and went to sleep. In the morning, my husband asks me if I slept with lipstick on. I checked in the mirror and my lips were still stained from it. So it certainly is long lasting. For the deeper shades I would suggest using a make-up remover to get it off. It leaves minimal or no transfer onto glass or mugs.
Overall, I am in love..the formula, the pigmentation, the feel, very impressed. I will most likely be getting the whole collection barring a few frosty or metallic shades that may not go with my skin tone. Love, Love, Love!!!

Tags: Milani, Milani Color Statement Lipstick, Plumrose, Uptown Mauve, Naturally Chic, Best Red, Milani Color Statement Lipstick Swatches, Milani Color Statement Lipstick on lips, Milani Color Statement Lipstick on medium skin tone, Milani Color Statement Lipstick on Indian Skin tone

1 comment: